The history of our congregation is a history of God’s goodness and grace to us over the years. St. Peter was founded in 1868 by a group of Lutherans, immigrants from Germany, who were mostly from Mecklenburg and Pomerania. They settled about seven or eight miles northeast of Appleton, Wisconsin to establish their homes and make a livelihood in a land of unrestricted freedom of religion and economic independence.
For 145 years God has blessed St. Peter as it has grown from a small country church to a congregation that has 4 worship services every week serving over 1,500 members. The Christian school that was also started in 1868 has grown, and we are blessed to now partner with parents and offer Christian education to 270 children in 3K through 8th Grade.